Categories : Politics, Religion |
Just thinking about what might be some of the common attributes of highly successful individuals? Are these things innate, or are they things we can work on? What are the things that make a Barack Obama, Tony Abbott, Gillard, Howard or any other successful leader in their field stand out?
Here’s a few ideas that I came up with, but I’d love to hear what anyone else thinks. If you are on my facebook, better to respond below this post there as it’s a better place to have a dynamic discussion than on blog comments.
Attributes of highly successful people :
- Strong sense of purpose and ideology
- Reading – most successful people are heavy readers, devouring books (my problem is I read a lot of books but am terrible at remembering what’s in them)
- Systematic and organised
- Can manage on a minimum of sleep; are early risers
- Strong communication skills
- Interpersonal skills – can engage with individuals, larger groups; can “work a crowd”
That’s just a few for starters. All of these things can be worked on and improved upon, but I wonder if some people are just blessed with that special mix of attributes conducive to political success? Would love to hear other people’s thoughts..
Obviously there is a whole other spiritual dimension too, but I’m focussing here on generic attributes which contribute to success in politics, business, academia, the church or any other field.